Monday, June 13, 2011

Grateful

After this past weekend, I realize I have a lot to be thankful for.


While sitting in the sterile hospital, watching my fragile sick boy just lay there, listening to the haunting cries of other babies/kids in the wing, I never though I could miss my seemingly ordinary days so much.









I am so grateful for:

-my little boys chubby arms; even though he lost at least a pound and a half, it took 3 doctors to find a vein so it means he is still healthy enough to thrive


-my rocking chair; then I could rock Carter comfortably and smoothly while he depended on me to make his world better


-noisy toys; it means Carter is smart enough to turn them on


-loud screams; my baby has enough energy to produce vocals


-his desire to walk; it means he has determination, a mind of his own


-belly laughs; it means he happy and has a personality


-our family and friends; we can always count on them to help us out in time of need.


I know that with a boy, especially one with Mark's sickness DNA that we will probably end up in the ER more than once, I never thought it would be within his first year.

As a parent, we all have to go through these things.

I will be better prepared for the next time, and we all have to make mistakes to improve.

1 comment:

  1. It's true we do seem to lose sight of the important things when the day to day stuff starts to build up. So glad Carter's feeling better. Hopefully another ER trip isn't anywhere in the near future! Loves!

    ReplyDelete